Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Morning Cherry Lime Dutch Pancakes

After watching Paula Deen make Dutch pancakes with apple pie filling, I couldn't wait to try it myself. This Dutch pancake recipe was very easy to follow, and the result was fantastic! Instead of apple pie filling, I used cherry pie filling with lime zest. It was a simple yet fancy Sunday breakfast.

dusted with powdered sugar and paired with hazelnut coffee

Cherry Lime Dutch Pancakes
Makes 3 servings

3 oz cherry pie filling
Zest of 1 lime
3 eggs
Scant 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix lime zest in cherry pie filling. Evenly fill three ramekins with cherry pie filling.


Whisk eggs until fluffy and light-colored. Sprinkle in salt, sugar, and flour. Beat in milk and butter until frothy. Add egg mixture in ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes.


When they first come out they are puffed up like souffle.


Thank goodness they're not souffles, because they will fall. But it's ok!


This is the first time Bill and I have tried dutch pancakes and we weren't sure what to expect. The verdict? We were very impressed. They are delightful, fluffy pancakes. The cherry lime filling bubbling out makes me want to just dig into it.


And that's just what I did. I think I burnt my tongue.

But it was all worth it. A good breakfast is the best way to start any day of the week, especially a Sunday. And this was a great breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment