Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs

I'm getting lots of use out of my crockpot this week. Truth is, I've been too busy working on my crow pose to cook. But that doesn't mean we can't eat well!

Ribs. If I have to pick only one thing to eat for the rest of my life, I'd choose ribs (because you can't sustain off of ice cream). Surprisingly (to me), I don't make it that often. Well, there's no time better than now.

This recipe is adapted for allrecipes.com for slightly less ribs. But we made two meals out of it :)

Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs
Makes 4 small servings

2/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp distilled vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 lb country style pork ribs
1 onion slice into rings
1/2 cup of water*

Mix ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar, black pepper in a small bowl. Place ribs in crockpot. Pour sauce over the ribs. Place onion on top of the ribs. Add just enough water to cover ribs. Cook for 6 hours on high or 9 hours on low.

Served with steamed broccoli and white rice. Get ready for some fall-of-the-bone, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness.



No comments:

Post a Comment