Thursday, February 9, 2012

Coconut Pound Cake

Ok I messed up. I was trying make a cake where the inside has a different color and flavor from the outside. It was kind of a disaster. But the cake! The cake was delicious, and I couldn't resist sharing it. This recipe is adapted from flour.


Coconut Pound Cake
3 eggs
2 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

chocolate cake butter cream (optional)
1/2 butter, softened
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup pound cake crumble

Beat eggs in stand mixer until smooth and lemon colored. Transfer to another bowl. Mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in stand mixer. Add the butter and mix on low until the mixture resembles cornmeal.


Stir in eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla. Pour into a oiled and floured cake pan.



Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool in the refrigerator for at least two hours.


Cut the cake in half and scoop out the middle for 1 cup of cake, however you want. Add cocoa powder and crumble in the food processor. Cream butter with powered sugar, and mix in the cake. Add the butter cream back in the cake.

Do you want to see how disastrous my first attempt at cake carving was? It was not a pretty sight. I will make it prettier next time, I promise.

Presentation aside, this cake is amazing. I'm not a big fan of coconut (I know, how strange considering I love curry and piƱa coladas), but I almost ate the whole thing before I added the buttercream. So creamy and fragrant. Yum. Time for another slice.


No comments:

Post a Comment