Thursday, February 23, 2012

Raspberry Champagne Cream Cake

Cake! Is what's for dinner tonight.


Today's my birthday and my husband is making me orzo before we celebrate with cake.

I baked over the weekend; having a weekday birthday really cuts into cake baking time. Here's the recipe I used for the cake. It calls for a box of white cake mix. It seemed easier for me to use my own flour and baking soda than going to the store, so I looked for a recipe for white cake mix.


I used a sparkling wine with a raspberry note to it, and you can totally taste the wine. When I was done baking, the bottle was empty, even though the recipe only calls for 2 cups. Cheers!

And I loved the frosting! Marshmallows are much easier to work with than egg whites. But, I'd like the cake to be fluffier, so that's what I'll be aiming for next time.


For the raspberry sauce, I used about a bag of frozen raspberries and two tablespoons of sugar. It was yummy, and makes the presentation even prettier, don't you think?




1 comment:

s said...

:) looks so good HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Post a Comment