Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cantaloupe Almond Cupcakes

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Ok so I made the smoothies, then I wondered, can you bake cantaloupes in a cake? Apparently, you can! I just love the color and how sweet it is. And I got Bill to eat cantaloupe (flavored cake) voluntarily. Success!


Cantaloupe Almond Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup cantaloupe puree
2 tbsp almond milk

Icing:
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
3 tsp honey
1 1/2 tsp almond milk
3 tbsp sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare baking pan with cupcake liners (I use silicone ones). Cream butter with sugar in the mixer. Beat in the egg and almond extract. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the butte mixture. Add honey in the cantaloupe puree, and pour it into the batter. Stir in almond milk. Pour into cupcake holders. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

brilliant yellow!
Cool cupcakes on wire rack and prepare the icing. Mix confectioner's sugar, honey and almond milk together. Add sliced almonds. Scoop a spoonful on top of each cupcake.


Enjoy it with a drink and a book to sweeten your afternoon.


Have you ever baked with unusual flavors? How did it turn out?

1 comment:

lrugel said...

Those recipes look delicious! Great write up. I will give you a site where I got real fruit on powder form, I mix it with milk and ice cream to go healthy. they have cantaloupe, pineapple, papaya, soursop, mango, apple. A lot of fruits and veggies. Enjoy guys! http://www.freshlydried.com

Post a Comment