Thursday, May 3, 2012

Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Frosting

Giving presentations is nerve-wrecking. After years of practice, I'm ok when speaking up in class or a work meeting as long as I'm seated. Once I stand up though, my brain goes blank and it takes me a lot of concentration to understand what I'm saying. It's like my mouth doesn't connect with my brain.

Then I had an idea. A really good idea. I'm going to bring cupcakes to calm my nerves. You see, by starting the presentation talking about cupcakes, I know everything will be better.


Coincidentally, I saw this recipe on NYTimes for easy homemade cupcakes and thought that's the kind of recipe for me!


I even made little flags for The Sweetness of Pie. What do you think?


The carrot cupcakes are from flour. The carrot coils are a little tricky but turned out pretty neat.


My scheme worked out...the presentation went well. The cupcakes were well-received. And the professor said he thought they even generated better discussion. Cupcakes rock!



1 comment:

Post a Comment